Sunday, May 20, 2012

DBA #3 Criteria of a Bike Addiction (why I am a strong candidate):


The following list is a scientific criteria for diagnosing a bicycle addiction.

1)      In order to be an addict you must have some race experience, but not enough success for it to pay bills, otherwise its not an addiction, it’s a job.  Like, any other addiction the cost far outweighs the actual benefit, but the perceived benefit of getting high is what keeps us doing whatever it takes to get the money to get the next fix.
2)      You are a prolific “garage mechanic”, but you don’t work at a bike shop.  In other words, you don’t know what you are doing half the time, but you are willing to work into the wee hours of the night in order to figure it out. 
3)      You work for beer and barter, not cash.  Half the time when you “fix” a friends bike, the fix needs to be professionally fixed within days or weeks.
4)      You neglect your responsibilities such as parenting, working, sleeping, etc. to ride or work on your bike.

2 comments:

  1. I would say you fit this profile perfectly! Especially #4 :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I mowed the lawn today... After I rode my bike twice, checked my spoke tension and serviced my rear hub. Ironically, I'm blogging while I should be grading.

    ReplyDelete