Sunday, May 6, 2012

DBA #2 Leg Tantrums

My four year old is awesome, most of the time. Sometimes however, he throws gnarly tantrums. When he does there is no talking him down. During the Whiskey 50, I realized my legs are a lot like a four year-old. All systems were a go climbing out of Skull Valley. Kids were throwing tantrums left and right, but my two kids were cranking. Then, without warning or reason, the tantrums began. I talked them down at 8 miles up. I got more firm with them at 14 miles up. Then on Cramp Hill, where everyone's kids were throwing wicked tantrums, my two kids went full blown. I talked to them again, and tried to walk with them. Then I stood, fuming at them silently for a few minutes. After that, my kids were awesome. Goal for next year: No tantrums. I heard if you hit them, they stop fussing, but I'm a little worried that might have some unintended consequences...

No comments:

Post a Comment