Saturday, September 29, 2012

Suffer Envy

When this year started, before the move was definite, before spring kicked in, when I still had a job, I had a goal.  Solo a 12 and then a 24. Specifically, solo the 24 Hours of Colorado Springs.  Life changed, things changed, goals changed.  I went from hoping for a 24 solo to being satisfied with time to ride.  I got a sweet surprise when the opportunity to solo a 12 popped up.  That was a special experience.  I knew that doing a solo 24 was out this year, but I can't help having a little 24 Hours of Colorado Springs envy right now.

Some of my old buds are throwing down hot laps right now. Some are throwing down beers right now.  All are loving it whether they're hurting or slurping.  Some great stories are being swapped, ZZZ are being caught, and the atmosphere, I'm sure, is infectious right now just like last year when I swore I'd be there this time.  For now, all I can do is the same as last year, swear I'll be there next year.

In the mean time, cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment