Friday, January 3, 2014

Road Revelations (On My Mountain Bike)

It occurred to me while riding for an hour in Phoenix to get to the trailhead (winter miles baby!) that I've had it wrong all these years. The folks that yell, spit, throw things and honk are the good guys. Why, because it means they see you on your bike. Considering the thrown things usually miss and they are yelling because their day or life sucks, and they didn't hit you or me, they are all right in my book for now.

The real villains are the folks on their phones or texting. I lost count of how many I saw, but it was enough to get me thinking, especially since I didn't have a security blanket (bike lane, A.K.A. false sense of security).  Wild to see so many heads down. Wild. The good news is I think I've found a better route. The bad news is its only better because there is a bike lane.

Ride safely this winter everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment