Tuesday, July 24, 2012

F.S.A. (Fully Sucking Ahead/For Sure Avoid)

A 100% guarantee is a bold statement of the pursuit of perfection. 75% off is a realistic and fair compensation for a bullet-proof product that rarely fails.  30% off of the replacement cost for a defective product like FSA carbon cranks says, "We are only 30% confident in the products we sell."  Not only is that failing, but its failing badly.  What's even more pitiful is the amount of people who have "Fully Sucking Ahead" carbon cranks with busted pedal inserts who have all been informed of the 30% guarantee.  Don't take my word for it.  Type "FSA carbon crank pedal insert" into your web browser and see for yourself.

So next time you are looking at a new bike or a new crankset, take it from my dad, For Sure Avoid FSA unless you feel good about being 30% sure your product will work.  I guess the glass half full view would be 70% confidence in product failure?  Either way it will likely be Fully Sucking Ahead.


3 comments:

  1. I didn't but the kforce fsa cranks which were on my salsa. I did race on them, drop ledges, ride hard and constantly swap the pedals on and off those cranks. I had zero issues. I also owned the fsa PIG headset on a dual slalom bike which was an awesome (heavy) well built product. I don't think knocking the whole company over a warrantied product is right. What is the issue, the epoxy fails? I had previous issues with steel inserts coming loose in aluminum hussefelt cranks which are much cheaper but still frustrating. I'd be glad the warranty covers some of the cost and that the company at least stands behind the product. Carbon to metal has notoriously been hard to bond.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not saying every product they make is bad. I'm saying that the way they back their products is weak, especially if it's defective. I think it is fair to bash a company that doesn't stand behind its products. I think it sucks to shell out a couple hundred bucks, have the product fail and then as compensation, be offered what amounts to less than most pro deals for replacement cost. That's what I'm bashing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way, thanks for reading this garbage.

    ReplyDelete