Tuesday, June 19, 2012

DBA #4



Hallucinations, Realizations, and Motivations Riding in the Desert

I now have two blazing hot mid-day rides under my belt.  One mountain, one road.  Here are some thoughts:
Mountain:
Wow, I have the trails all to myself.
Look up for snakes.
 The heat is not that bad. 5 minutes later, dang its hot! 5 minutes later, the heat is not that bad.
  It’s a good thing I have some “tropical” in me.
Road:
9 minutes 21 seconds in: Beer is going to taste so good when I’m done!
10:13: It must be hot if there is a snake carcass in the bike lane.
 21: 06: Climbing back up to my house is going to hurt.
 24:37: Agh! 100 degree Gatorade tastes like piss! This flavor is dead until winter.
 32:24: Dang its hard to put a water bottle into my jersey pocket. Tommy D makes it look so easy.
 40:42: I should probably sprint to a sign or something.
 40:43: Sprinting is stupid.
 60 minutes: Beer

Note: Roadies, don't judge me because I only road for an hour, it was hot!

No comments:

Post a Comment