Wednesday, June 6, 2012

2 Kinds

I've been to a lot of shops over the past few days and I remembered something I figured out a long time ago.  There are two kinds of bike shops.  There are the "Mystical Magic Shops" and the "Bikes Are Cool and Everyone is Invited Shops". The MMS has a chip on its shoulder.  Strongly opinionated and if you don't agree you are stupid.  Working on bikes is magic, a gift even and if you aren't born with it you are SOL. Take your bike to the "Magic Men" or you will suffer the consequences.  The BACEIS wants to share.  They know most people, who want to, can figure it out and they also know not everyone wants to.  They believe, like good beer, bike knowledge/love should be shared.  Since they are cool, people want to come back.  Both types have their strengths, because MMS usually do have gifted mechanics.  BACEIS can have great mechanics too and usually have great customer service. I know which one I prefer, but really I just need one to hire me so I a can become "gifted".  Odds are it will be a BACEIS. Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment