Saturday, March 15, 2014

That Was Quick.

Get your minds out of the gutter. I'm talking about my new covet bike.  A buddy of mine in ABQ built a sick long travel hardtail singlespeed with the option for gears a few months back.  I was curious.  The other day a "friend of the shop" rolled in with a similar long travel hardtail singlespeed to install his new dropper post and I got the bike crush again.  Funny thing is its an old crush, maybe.  Santa Cruz Chameleon? Some of my CO Springs homies may remember my fancy for that bike.  I know, I know, its a 26er, but 26 is not dead, that's just industry talk. There will always be 5'3" adults and vertically challenged preteens who need decent bikes with 26 inch wheels.

I am looking at 27.5/650B/may not be a fad frames as well.  The Kona Explosif is a 27.5 and steel.  I can run a 120mm fork on that.

Working at a bike shop. Rad.  Debt servitude...rad.

What does all this mean? Bad news for a couple of my current bikes.  Only the Surly is safe. I am not XC (prove it)!

No comments:

Post a Comment