Saturday, March 8, 2014

Gear Geeking

Here is what I have learned so far:

1) 32 millimeter stanchions are apparently undersized (I still have some 30mm running around!).
2) Dropper posts should be standard equipment on all mountain bikes (sure, can't hurt right?).
3) 27.5 is the "magic" wheel size... or not.
4) One by anything drivetrains are the only way to fly (I accept this as it includes 1x1).
5) Carbon fiber has its place on mountain bikes (frames, bars, hoops), steel is still real, and I still can't afford Ti.
6) Add some meat and a side of Stan's to your tires (hold the tubes) for a tastier ride.

That's all for now.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, this is the coolest blog I've seen in a while....Yeah! Another Flagstaff biking blog! Give a shout if you want to go for a ride. I check that listed email most days.

    ReplyDelete