Saturday, March 2, 2013

Redline Doo-Doo Brown Revival Part 1

My Redline has see  it all.  Its been a junk bike, a race bike, a travel/backup bike.  Its had suspension, and been rigid.  Its had good wheels and junk wheels, flat pedals and clips.  Its been a fixie, a dirt jumper, a wanna be trials ride.  In short it has earned itself a revival.  It will be called the Redline Doo-Doo Brown Revival (my homies from college may recognize the name).
"New to me" fork with fresh seals and travel reduction from 120mm to 100mm.
Part one of the revival is the upgrade back to a suspension fork.  I like to have my cake and eat it too, meaning it has a lockout.  The folks at Marzocchi were also kind enough to confirm the forum dietary chatter (never trust a forum blindly, the internet does lie!) regarding removal of the damper spring so it dropped a few grams during its workup.

Next on the agenda are wheels.  The front wheel is bomber so it stays.  A bomber wheel seems fitting for a bomber fork.  It has a date scheduled with Stan in the near future.  The rear wheel is getting donated to the shop.  In its place will be the tubeless ready, scandium Bontrager Rhythm Pro wheel I've been sitting on for a few years.  That also means a Surly cog and Surly Tug are in the near future as well.

Stay tuned (Funny, because I'm basically telling myself to read the junk that I write).

No comments:

Post a Comment