Saturday, March 16, 2013

A Biblical Style Bicycle Tale

Let me preface this tale with some history.  Years ago, when I first began riding a singlespeed, I opted for a 34x18 gear ratio.  I was young, dumb, and reasonable strong.  I hung with it for a while, but when a rear wheel with a 20 tooth freewheel stuck on it (literally) fell into my lap (thanks Hines), I succumbed to the more reasonable gear ratio.

Fast forward about seven years to the present.  Doo-Doo's new rear wheel has an aluminum freehub body.  I found a good deal on a cog with a wide profile base, but its an 18.  Clearly, I'm still dumb.

A Biblical Bicycle Tale

On the first day thy legs were displeased and protested violently.

On the second day thy legs unwillingly succumbed to the abuse and with some protest, climbed.

On the third day there was rejoicing from the quadrahamstricalf crew, for they accepted the pain as part of progress.

On the fourth day there will be new found strength and crushing will commence.






No comments:

Post a Comment