Thursday, January 28, 2016

Top 10 Things To Tell Your Local Bike Mechanic

1) I do my own repairs.
    Thanks! I will check everything I 
    expect to not have to check.
2) It's been like that for a while.
    Very few things cost more time or cause more stress 
    than me thinking I broke something or feeling bad about 
    delivering bad news.
3) I shop online.
    Duly noted. I won't use my time finding the part you 
    need or worry about warranty issues.
4) I have OCD.
    Me too. I will hunt for every creak or squeak, align all the     
    logos, caps, valve stems, and get the bike sparkly 
    clean.
5) Dial my bike in at all costs.
   When I'm done, your bike will make you think you are 
   dreaming, but you won't be dreaming. However, your 
   bike will be dreamy.
6) I love my bike.
    Make or shape doesn't matter. Time and effort are 
    irrelevant. I'll do everything in my power to revive your 
    ride. If it's flatlined, I'll break the news gently.
7) I ride it like I stole it.
    Thanks for the entertainment. I love when a bike makes 
    me think, "I've never seen anything like this before".
8) A bike is a bike.
    Sigh... I'll do the best I can with what I have. You'll think
    I'm not very good at what I do. These bikes usually make
    me feel that way too.
9) I only ride 3 or 4 times a year.
    I'm doing less of a tune-up and more of a dust off. Cool.
10) I'm getting ready to sell this bike.
    I'm going to ask you to do the right thing and fix it right. 
    Form isn't important, but function is a moral imperative.

No comments:

Post a Comment