Friday, November 2, 2012

Greasy Hand Adventures

I volunteered at the Rescue Mission today.  It was awesome.  Here is the rundown:

-  Dude rolls up with a BMX with no brakes and a bent quill stem.  I spend a while trying to get the stem out.

- Another dude rolls up and needs a phillip screw driver.

- I finally get Dude 1's bent quill stem out.  We try to pirate a stem off an ancient dead BMX.  Wrong size.

- Dude 2 needs a socket wrench and some allen keys.

- We pirate some brakes for Dude 1's bike.  They don't fit (mounting stud is too short).

- Dude 2 fixed all his stuff and rolled out.  He left all my tools behind.  Shame on you for thinking...

- I put Dude 1's bike back together broken.  Fail.  Maybe Dude 2 needs to be turning the wrenches.

When I got home, I celebrated (celebrate win or lose, succeed or fail, that's my motto) with a tasty beverage.

No comments:

Post a Comment